Research Assistant in TIGS
Research Assistant with the Tata Institute of Genetics and Society, inStem, Bangalore, Karnataka
To assist a small team of scientists working to screen Yeast libraries to express proteins and employ mutagenesis based approaches for their directed evolution.
Experience of working in a laboratory environment and ideally must have an interest in protein chemistry. Should have meticulous lab practices, excellent time-management skills and the ability to work unsupervised. Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work well in a team (includes postdoctoral scientists, graduate students and laboratory support staff). Good knowledge about yeast cell culture and molecular biology methodologies.
Key Responsibilities (will include but not limited to)
- Growth, maintenance and characterization of Saccharomyces strains
- Expression of recombinant proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Transformation and screening of Yeast libraries
- FACS based cell sorting and isolation of positive clones
- PCR and Mutagenesis
Post graduate in Science subjects (Biological Sciences) from a recognized university with 0 to 2 yrs work experience in the field of Yeast Biology. Experience in project-based lab work. Must have a very clear ability to communicate clearly with excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
- Expression of proteins in heterologous systems
- Purification of recombinant proteins
- Experience characterizing proteins with Biophysical and Biochemical assays
Application deadline: September 7, 2018
Applicants are requested to electronically send a cv, email address, skype ID, list of references with contact details, phone number and a letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the job. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org