ADVERTISEMENT NO 12/2020
Lab Technician (Fixed-Term Contract Post)
The Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSC) is seeking a Lab Technician to join our team in a high volume environment performing COVID-19 testing and allied activities. Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain laboratory supplies and kits
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested
- Prepare reagents as needed required for the testing of clinical samples
- Maintenance of lab equipment
- Troubleshoot any specimen related issues
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards
- Oversee and ensure proper disposal of laboratory generated waste
- Assist the testing laboratory manager with duties and assignments to meet regulatory requirements and ensure efficient operations of the laboratory.
- Diploma/BSc/MSc in lab technology/ biology
- 6-12 months experience of working in a research/ clinical/ diagnostic laboratory is desirable.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English (Kannada and/or Hindi is desirable)
- Must maintain confidentiality of patient information
Monthly Emoluments: Rs 25,000/- (Consolidated)
Last date for receipt of applications: 27th August 2020
Applicants should submit a one-two page curriculum vitae (CV) with their name, current address, telephone contact and email ID. The CV should include information on educational qualifications and any relevant work experience. The name and contact email ID of one professional referee should be provided. The application should be submitted as one consolidated pdf. Mark-sheets and testimonials should not be included.
Shortlisted applicant will be informed on email and interviewed via electronic mode. Out of station applicants are encouraged to apply however, individuals should be available to start work at the earliest. Appointment will be contingent on medical certification by the campus medical centre. Half-day weekly off is assured. No selection will be made if suitable candidates are not identified.
Interested candidates may please send their application to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
All communication will be via e-mail