Job opening RA-02: (all applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
Job Title: Research Assistant (RA-02) at Protein Science group, Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI)
Candidate will work on bench in the laboratory as part of a group of scientists to achieve independent or a common goal.
- Post graduate in Science subjects (Biological Sciences) from a recognized university with 2-3 years of experience in mammalian cell protein expression.
- Must have a very clear ability to communicate clearly with excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
- Should have hands on experience in mammalian cell protein expression system
- Should have good knowledge about
- Cloning/sub-cloning of gene,
- expression of proteins in different expression systems
- Purification of proteins using different chromatographic methods
- Characterization of proteins with Biochemical and Biophysical methods
- Should have meticulous lab practices, excellent time-management skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work well in a team
Key Responsibilities (will include but not limited to)
- Design and generation of expression constructs
- Expression of recombinant proteins in mammalian cells and other expression systems
- Characterization of proteins using Biochemical and Biophysical methods
For consideration of your application for the job opening please provide the following documents-(a) A one-page statement of purpose explaining the salient aspects of your background that are relevant to the position; (b) your curriculum vitae with names and contact details for at least 3 references; Please send the required information with a clear reference to the job number (RA-02) listed above, to the following email address: email@example.com
Application deadline: October 30, 2019