Job opening JRS-01: (all applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
Job Title: (JRS-01) Junior Research Scientist position is available in Vector biology group at Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI) at inStem, Bangalore. The candidate must hold MSc in life Science with 3-5 year of Research experience in in BSL3 facility or Ph.D. with at least 2 years of experience working in BSL3 facility.
- Carry out a broad range of techniques such as cell culture, isolation of primary cells, molecular and cell biology, in vivo and ex vivo infection studies.
- Maintenance of insect and mammalian cells, culturing arboviruses, performing high throughput CRISPR screens, Isolation and characterization of arboviruses from mosquito.
- Perform large scale experiments, including in vivo infections in mosquitoes and cell lines and subsequent procedures such as harvesting infected tissues for downstream assays.
- Responsibilities will include maintenance of BSL3 laboratories with operations in compliance with policies and procedures. Provide training to new researchers and supervision to work safely in the BSL3 laboratory.
- Organize and maintain BSL3 inventories; routine stock keeping of inventory levels and estimate necessary consumable supplies to maintain smooth uninterrupted BSL3 operations.
- Organize and facilitate scheduled maintenance of BSL3 equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate with regulatory offices and create BSL3 SOPs.
- MSc in life Science with 3-5 year of Research experience in in BSL3 facility
- Ph. D. with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a high containment facility with pathogens (Biosafety Level 3 facility).
- Experience working with cell culture, molecular and cell biology.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and be able to work independently.
- In-depth knowledge and handling of arboviruses.
- Experience with mosquitoes and mosquito cell lines.
- Gene editing using CRISPR/Cas system.
- Experience training scientific researchers to work safely in high containment facility.
Salary: Competitive salary package based on qualification and experience
For consideration of your application for the job opening please provide the following documents-(a) A one-page statement of purpose explaining the salient aspects of your background that are relevant to the position; (b) your curriculum vitae with a list of peer-reviewed publications, and names and contact details for at least 3 references; Please send the materials, with a clear reference to the job number listed above, to the following email address: email@example.com
Application deadline: March 31, 2020