Programme Manager, Communications and Outreach
The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem) is recruiting for a Programme Manager for Communications and Outreach.
inStem together with the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) and the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (CCAMP) form the Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSC). The position, based in the communications office for the BLiSC, will be housed in the inStem building to facilitate closer and frequent interactions with our laboratories.
The individual’s primary responsibility will be to develop and enact a communication strategy for inStem, integrating these with larger communication and outreach efforts for the campus. The incumbent will work closely with the Institute Director and Faculty to maintain a dynamic web presence, active social media, as well as in the organisation and management of outreach efforts, organised on campus or other avenues. Showcasing inStem’s research accomplishments, and capabilities as well as convey the excitement and critical societal role played by science and technology to its diverse stakeholders, is a core requirement of the incumbent. The target audience ranges from the biotechnology sector, governmental agencies, potential donors, and non-governmental organisations. Moreover, the institute has a burgeoning program to advance science and technology literacy to students in elementary school through university level, as well as underrepresented groups in the STEM fields. We thus require a person who is adept at strategising, planning and implementing events that include lectures, workshops, and exhibitions.
Successful candidates will have a strong interest in community outreach and engagement and take a lead role in transmitting the excitement of science to the public. They will be agile to work with and take leadership responsibility of coordinating diverse sections of campus including scientists, technical services, administration and the campus hospitality units to execute outreach activities.
Initial two-year contract, renewed based on a positive annual review.
- Degree in media, communications, public relations, or related field.
- Understanding of basic biology and willingness to engage with our scientific activities.
- Proven interpersonal and collaborative skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Ability to coordinate among various partners and constituencies and work effectively in a deadline driven environment, is essential.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an outreach and communications, or science engagement role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required; ability to effectively communicate in Karnataka and/or Hindi is a plus
- Demonstrated time management, and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with Universities, press and media contacts, and outside stakeholders to effectively implement communications and outreach initiatives.
- Experience in developing and implementing integrated strategies that span multiple outlets including print, web, and social media
- Ability to use graphic design software.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability and flexibility to multi-task, prioritise, and manage diverse job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented
- A strong service-oriented attitude
- A maximum of 40,000/- per month, based on qualifications and experience.
The last date for receipt of online application is January 20, 2020.
For any issues in submitting the online application, please contact email@example.com